These are so simple and so tasty......
- ¾ cup raw almonds
- 1 tbs cacao powder (you could also use cocoa powder)
- 12 pitted dates
- 2 tbs peanut butter
- 1-2 tbs agave syrup (honey or rice malt syrup could also be used) *If using fresh medjool dates you will probably find that you will only need a tiny amount of agave syrup - or none at all!
- Place the dates, cacao powder and peanut butter and almonds into a food processor
- Blend until the mixture has a crumby texture. Dont make it too thin as it will become too liquidy..
- If your mixture is too dry, add 1tbs of agave syrup and pulse to mix through. If it is still too dry add another tablespoon and pulse again. (The mixture should be a little sticky and roll easily into balls).
- Use a spoon to roll the mixture into tablespoon sized balls.
- For best results store in an airtight container in the fridge and eat within a week (trust me.. they won't last that long!!).